10.1.11

MODERN GINGERBREAD HOUSES


Image sourced from : Babble


I know that my posts have been rather food related recently, but I can at least excuse this one because there's a bit of architecture and design involved here! Before Christmas I was dead set on making a gingerbread house, unfortunately those plans did not come to fruition quite as I had hoped having forgotten to buy the required cutters and any of the ingredients for icing. I always see gingerbread houses as a very seasonal thing and wouldn't ordinarily think of making one any other time of the year.

However, earlier on today I came across some rather special gingerbread houses indeed. My favourite is the one above, which I came across on a Babble article written by Liz Stanley of Say Yes To Hoboken. I think I'm going to have to put this on my list of things to do this year, I'll have to restrain myself to hold off for a few months at least otherwise I'll be on gingerbread overload, but it must be done at some point.


Images sourced from : Babble (L + TR) & The Little House In The City (BR)


The next few definitely look a bit trickier to do, complete with full furniture and wind turbines, but my favourite detail of all has got to be those spun sugar trees!

10 comments:

  1. Clever re-imagining of gingery goodness. And still cute! I particularly like the house made of spun sugar.

    Arianne from A + B in the Sea

    ReplyDelete
  2. they're so beautiful you'll think twice about eating them.

    nouveauskin.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. holy cow!

    so cool and modern and awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I love ginger bread houses! So nostalgic and sweet. These are especially delicious-looking and cute :)

    Love,
    Aya of Strawberry Koi

    ReplyDelete
  5. How cool are these??

    Happy Wednesday Darling! xo

    Oh, and have you entered my $75 EmersonMade GIVEAWAY yet?

    ReplyDelete
  6. now it's even harder to take them down and eat it ... looking forward to your own construction!

    http://burbailey.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Whoa, that looks like a malibu bungalow, well maybe because of the palms! :) But what an amazing craftsmanship! I always admire people who are able to spend so much time and effort what might seem pointless on the first sight, but we know its not , right ? :) Because we can swoon over it, so it was definitely worthy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooh looks so delightful :) Can't wait to see what you've done ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. great blog and just had to come over seeing your comment on adorable optimism blog about gingerbread houses. architectural triumphs is what!!! had to see for myself and it's happiness to step into such a cool, eclectic mix of pics, info/insp and stories. love your blog! the header is stellar. ♥

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for deciding to leave a comment. I'll always try to reply as soon as I can and check out your blog in return!

Related Posts with Thumbnails