12.12.10

JESSICA TARAZI MAKEUP


Photography by : Paul Cruz


Photography by : Raya Photographer


Photography by : Tiffany Walling McGarity & John McGarity


Photography by : Tiffany Walling McGarity & John McGarity


I discovered the work of Jessica Tarazi, New York based make-up artist earlier on this year. I quickly became a firm fan of her style, writing a piece for another blog about her work. Jessica approached me shortly after she came across the article and I got the opportunity to interview her to find out a little more about how she got into the industry and what she's been working on recently.

This has been tucked away waiting to be published, so here it is!

How did you get into make-up artistry? Was it something that came really naturally to you?

My mother's make-up bag held endless wonders and became my visual toy box when I was growing up. Watching my mom dip into that bag and transform herself is one of my most exciting and vivid memories. I’ve always had an idea of what I would do to enhance a person’s appearance simply by looking at their face.

So far what's been the highlight of your career?

That would have to be when I worked with Andrea Bocelli and when he sang to me.

Who and what are you most inspired by?

My grandfather was an artist and I loved watching him sketch and mix oil colors and paint on his canvas. I am always inspired by music, nature, art, fashion, people, kindness and love.

What are your top three products that you can't live without in your kit?

Embryolisse Skincare Lait-Creme Concentre – a delicious rich primer/moisturizer that can also be used as a gentle makeup remover.

Makeup Forever HD powder – zero pigment makes this work for all skin tones, absorbs excess oil without leaving powdery residue behind.

L’Oreal Voluminous Waterproof Mascara – a classic for the thickest blackest black lashes that will hold the curl even in high humidity.

What are you working on at the moment?

I just got back from a fabulous advertising shoot in Tulum, Mexico. I am very fortunate to work with talented, creative and wonderful people, at times in beautiful exotic locations.

Do you have any make-up artistry 'pearls of wisdom' to share with us?

Take good care of your skin – drink lots of water, cleanse, moisturize, and protect. And most importantly, smile!

To see more of Jessica's beautiful work visit her website right here : jessicatarazi.com and once again a very big thank you to Jessica for taking the time out to do this interview!

3 comments:

  1. ace you finally got it up! well done, she seems nice

    ReplyDelete
  2. i really envy people who got inspired by their parents. you know, those moms with magical makeup kits, dads with awesome styles. my parents died when i was really young so yeah, i envy those people.

    nouveauskin.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. That second photos is lovely !

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for deciding to leave a comment. I'll always try to reply as soon as I can and check out your blog in return!

Related Posts with Thumbnails