30.9.10

INGRID BAARS NEO DADA






Images sourced from : Ingrid Baars


One of my favourite photographers and artists at the moment is Ingrid Baars. Her work can be quite mixed, some pieces feel ethereal, soft and light, others are incredibly blunt, sharp and quite disturbing. Her monochrome montages are brilliant, but I absolutely love the coloured pieces for their boldness.

The first thing I thought when I saw her work was how clear the similarities were, between her own imagery and that of the Dadaists’. I’ve always been fascinated with Dada art since I was at school, my favourites were by Raoul Hausmann. A couple of years ago I was lucky enough to be in New York for the final leg of a touring Dada exhibition at the MoMA, featuring most infamously perhaps Marcel Duchamp’s “Fountain”.

1 comment:

  1. wow they are really quite cool, I do love abstract photograph but than I am a huge Picasso fan. Thanks for sharing x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for deciding to leave a comment. I'll always try to reply as soon as I can and check out your blog in return!

Related Posts with Thumbnails